C'MON Judge...of course THE GLASS HOUSE is a BB rip off! - Kristy Carruba
Published: June 19, 2012 at 06:58 AM GMT
|Kristy Carruba -- Click on the photo read Watching Way Too Much archives.|
Last Updated: June 19, 2012 at 06:58 AM GMT
By Kristy Carruba
The answer to Monday's Trivia Question: Bryan Cranston played Hal on MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE
FIRST FIVES: Bobby Aguilera, Alex Nagler, Vanessa Benfield, Mary Ryan, & Andrew Werts
Friday's Cable Top 5
LET IT SHINE-Disney 1.0/2.6
AMERICAN DAD-Adult Swim .7/2.2
STORAGE WARS-A&E .6/1.9
FX MOVIE-FX .6/1.5
Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
NBA FINALS-ABC 5.5/13.3
NBA PREGAME-ABV 2.6/6.4
US OPEN GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP-NBC 2.3/9.4
JIMMY KIMMEL NBA SPECIAL-ABC 1.9/5.2
FAMILY GUY-FOX 1.6/3.6
Sunday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
NBA FINALS-ABC 1,864,290
FAMILY GUY-FOX 71,338
THE SIMPSONS-FOX 66,312
AMERICAN DAD-FOX 26,649
AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR-Multiple Networks 7,511
Sunday's Cable Top 5
Sunday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
EURO 2012 SOCCER- ESPN 787,337
MUCHMUSIC VIDEO AWARDS-FUSE 578,524
TRUE BLOOD-HBO 199,470
EURO 2012 SOCCER-ESPN2 190,112
FALLING SKIES-TNT 103,387
-Let's get right to it...Kelly and Bryant Gumbel totally looked they were hosting an Easter Egg Hunt out on the prairie with Ma and Pa Ingalls on LIVE WITH KELLY yesterday. This was a pre-recorded show and featured The First Lady, Michelle Obama who always impresses me. I bet she didn't like Kelly's outfit at all and thought...hmmm wasn't the White House Easter Egg hunt a few months ago? -AGT was a mix of a bunch of different auditions from all of the different cities they had visited to date. I'm so ready for Vegas already...lets move on people.
-For the record, I have officially deleted my season pass for BETHENNY, & REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NYC. I did catch REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NJ which was standard fare...Theresa and Joe are idiots. Jaqueline finally called Theresa on the carpet for being a liar and for not telling her if she is going to jail or not (Why would she want to find out from the tabloids if she is going to need some new clothes to go visit her BFF in the big house?). Jaqueline is an idiot for even trying. If it were me, I would just focus on my husband...Chris. He really seems like a good guy who has it together and is the only "normal" one around. Bag them all Jaqueline...you're better than that. Caroline showed up "out of the blue" to get in on the Theresa thing. It was a bit of a set up, but I liked Theresa on the defense. Also...another classic Theresaism...when referring to Jaqueline or Caroline (I can't remember which) she called one of them a Hecky and Jyde. OMG hilarious and idiotic all at the same time. In addition, Lauren complained about her weight but hung out with her brothers and their friends while they devoured pizza, veal parm hero's and soda...whhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa Lauren...I heard Daddy got you the lap band, so now you'll have to find something else to complain about.
-THE GLASS HOUSE is such a rip off of BIG BROTHER, obviously the judge who ruled that it wasn't had never seen BB. Sure there are slight differences, but net net...same show. I haven't decided if I am going to stick with it or not yet. Here are my thoughts: 1) Yes the house is glass, but it's obviously inside a studio and there are walls in the house, so there is privacy, the glass teaser was bogus. 2) Pretty sure this is not a reality show but more of a FAKEALITY show. The participants are America's puppets. They can/will do and say things intentionally to impact the game and their relationships, no way can this be considered a reality show. 3) Also fake...almost every woman on the shows boobs...seriously one pair larger than the next 4) Anyone who proclaims himself "Primetime 99 Alex Stein" and wants to be "the most epic villain in the history of reality TV" could have been interesting, but this guy got so mean so fast that all I want is for him to leave...he had potential and blew it. 5) One guy, Jacob, already quit the show after losing the first competition...lets see how many more leave. 6) I didn't keep track, but upon meeting the cast, most of them describe themselves as "real" or "keeping it real"...does anyone know what REAL means? 7) Kiss & Blow in episode one? Things are going to get ugly fast.
May 2012 comScore numbers are in and Americans watched a record breaking 10 billion video ads!
- Hulu ranked at the top with 1.6 billion video ads delivered
- Google properties was next with nearly 1.4 billion
- BrightRoll Video Network with 1.1 billion
- Adap.tv with 966 million
- TubeMogul Video Ad Platform with 897 million
- Time spent watching video ads totaled 4.5 billion minutes, with Hulu once again standing at the top, accounting for 725 million minutes.
- Video ads reached 52% of the total US population an average of 64 times during the month.
- Hulu also delivered the highest frequency of video ads per viewer with an average of 56.
- When it comes to online video, however, there was a slight drop. 180 million Americans watched 36.6 billion pieces of online video content in May 2012, which is actually down from 181 million Americans and 37 billion videos in April 2012.
- Google keeps its throne with 151.7 million unique viewers across its network, followed by Yahoo (57.8 million), VEVO (48.3 million), Microsoft (44.4 million), and Facebook (44.3 million). When ranked by videos viewed, the order was Google, Hulu, and Yahoo in May 2012.
- The average American watched 21.9 hours of online video content, mostly on Google (average of 7.7 hours) and Hulu (average of 4.2 hours), last month.
HOW MUCH DATA IS GENERATED EVERY MINUTE?
- YouTube users upload 48 hours of new video every minute
- Email users send 204,166,667 emails every minute
- Google receives over 2,000,000 search queries every minutes
- Facebook users share 684,478 pieces of content
- Consumers spend $272,070 on web shopping every minute
- Twitter users send over 100,000 tweets per minute
- Apple receives 47,000 app downloads every minute
- Brands & Organizations on Facebook receive 34,722 "Likes" every minute
- Tumblr Blog owners publish 27,778 new posts every minute
- Instagram users share 3,600 new photos every minute
- Flickr users add 3,125 new photos every minute
- Foursquare users perform 2,083 check ins every minute
- 571 new websites are created every minute
- Wordpress users publish 347 new blog posts every minute
- The mobile web receives 217 new users every minute
-FOX FALL PREMIERE DATES:
9/12 & 9/13 X FACTOR
9/17 THE MOB DOCTOR & BONES
9/25 NEW GIRL, BEN & KATE, THE MINDY PROJECT
9/30 SIMPSONS, BOB'S BURGERS, FAMILY GUY & AMERICAN DAD
10/2 RAISING HOPE
10/7 THE CLEVELAND SHOW
-Just what we needed, another late night talk show? Really? We do? Arsenio Hall, fresh off of his CELEBRITY APPRENTICE win, apparently is throwing himself back into the late night wars again. This time he'll be working with Tribune on a syndicated show scheduled to air in the Fall of 2013. Good Luck...again...Arsenio.
-What...an award show that wasn't televised? No way! The 2nd Annual Critics Choice Awards were given out yesterday in L.A. Some of the big winners:
- HOMELAND-Best Drama
- COMMUNITY-Best Comedy
- ANTHONY BOURDAIN: NO RESERVATIONS-Best Reality Series
- THE VOICE-Best Reality Competition
- ARCHER-Best Animated Series
- Bryan Cranston-Best Actor in a Drama
- Louis CK-Best Actor in a Comedy
- Claire Danes-Best Actress in a Drama
- Zooey Deschanel and Amy Poehler tied for Best Actress in a Comedy
-So far, through three games, the 2012 NBA Finals - Miami Heat vs. Oklahoma City Thunder - is the most-watched Finals ever on ABC, averaging 16,099,000 viewers, according to Nielsen. Sunday night’s Game delivered 15,452,000 viewers.
-Missed some NBC shows this season? Nothing to watch? Catch up for free at NBC.com, or on the NBC app for Iphone, Ipad and Android!
The full season's episodes of GRIMM, PARENTHOOD, SMASH, UP ALL NIGHT & WHITNEY are all available now through 9/23. The first 5 episodes of BENT, BEST FRIENDS FOREVER, 30 ROCK, LAW & ORDER SVU, THE OFFICE, PARKS & REC, SNL, & COMMUNITY are available starting 6/20 and will be updated and refreshed every 2 weeks.
Justin Bieber will celebrate the release of his new album BELIEVE during the live 30-minute special “Bieber Live” today 7:30 p.m. on MTV. Justin will treat 100 fans in the studio to a live performance and answer fan questions in-studio and via Twitter (using @MTVNews / hash-tag #AskBieber).
-2.7 million viewers tuned it to Sunday night’s season one finale of THE CLIENT LIST on Lifetime up 8% versus the program’s average, according to Nielsen Research. It also delivered 1.2 million Adults 18-49 viewers. I guess a lot of these people were okay with the tease factor of this show and just enjoy Jennifer Love Hewitt. I thought I could stick with it, but I only lasted 3 episodes...It was the 50 Shades of Gray coursing through my veins that needed more.
-Tuesday's Trivia Question: Sandra, Denise, Theo, Rudy and Vanessa...name their Dad
Send your Trivia Answer to Kristy at Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Kristy Carruba is currently Media Manager for Verizon Wireless Consumer Products where she oversees the investment and inventory management for all National media. Kristy has always had a passion for TV and started writing “TV News of the Day” in January of 2011 which evolved into Watching Way Too Much six months later. Kristy can be reached Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Read all Kristy's MediaBizBloggers commentaries at Watching Way Too Much.
Check us out on Facebook at MediaBizBloggers.com
Follow our Twitter updates @MediaBizBlogger
The opinions and points of view expressed in this commentary are exclusively the views of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of MediaBizBloggers.com management or associated bloggers. MediaBizBloggers is an open thought leadership platform and readers may share their comments and opinions in response to all commentaries.
To communicate with or to be contacted by the executives and/or companies mentioned in this column, link to JackMyers Connection Hotline.