MLK Day, Inauguration Day and we all can't wait for the HarBOWL! - Kristy Carruba
Published: January 21, 2013 at 04:34 PM GMT
|Kristy Carruba -- Click on the photo read Watching Way Too Much archives.|
Last Updated: January 21, 2013 at 04:34 PM GMT
By Kristy Carruba
The answer to Friday's Trivia Question: Sela Ward, Billy Campbell, Evan Rachel Wood & Shane West all starred on Once & Again.
FIRST FIVES : Elke Raskob, Neil Moffatt, Monica Caraffa, Bill McLaughlin & Jim Carter
Honorable Mention : Tara Dowling
Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
American Idol-FOX 5.6/16.1
The Big Bang Theory-CBS 3.3/11.9
Two and a Half Men-CBS 2.4/9.2
Thursday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
American Idol-FOX 589,413
The Vampire Diaries-CW 270,381
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 94,483
The Big Bang Theory-CBS 61,628
Thursday's Cable Top 5
The Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.2/2.8
Oprah/Lance Armstrong-OWN 1.2/3.1
Thursday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
NBA Basketball-OWN 471,309
Lance Armstrong-OWN 410,488
NBA Basketball-TNT 134,181
Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Undercover Boss-CBS 1.9/9.4
CSI NY-CBS 1.6/10.6
Blue Bloods-CBS 1.5/11.5
Shark Tank-ABC 1.5/5.5
Last Man Standing-ABC 1.3/6/6
Friday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
Undercover Boss-CBS 28,150
Blue Bloods-CBS 27,859
Friday's Cable Top 5
Friday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
Lance Armstrong-OWN 171,653
NBA Basketball-ESPN 130,299
NBA Basketball-ESPN 123,424
Ghost Adventures-Travel 28,470
-Sunday was all football with a little Downton Abbey for me. Congratulations to the San Francisco 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens who are heading to Super Bowl XLVII (Gotta get my Roman Numeral fun in now since this is pretty much the only time all year long, one uses or refers to Roman Numerals). This Super Bowl got a nickname before the game even ended...the HarBOWL.
Getting back to Downton for a minute, lots went down this week. BIG NEWS...Mrs. Hughes treated herself to an electric toaster! Yep that's right! She's testing it in her room and if it works, she may want to get one for upstairs in the kitchen, can you freaking imagine so much excitement about a toaster? More excitement when Robert freaked out on Tom for leaving his pregnant daughter and running from the law after burning down (or watching people burn down) someone's estate back home in Ireland. Robert and Thomas went to London to see what they could do for Tom but he's now banned from Ireland. If he goes back he'll go to prison. I guess now he and Lady Cybil can stay in Downton. More fun for everyone. Now that Matthew bailed out the estate, the staff can start hiring. First up, a new footman named Jimmy but Mr. Carson insisted he be called James and when Carson changes your name, that's it. All the maids were happy about Jimmy...I mean James, because he's so cute, but Daisy has a thing for Alfred, so much so that she went to see her dead husband's Dad to talk about him and get some advice. While Mr. Bates was "out of favor" in prison, he didn't get any letters from Anna and all of his letters to her didn't get sent out, so they both thought the worst, but then he set up his cellmate and now...just like that...mail! If all of that wasn't enough, Matthew went through Downton's books to find things being mismanaged and Lady Edith actually wrote a letter to the newspaper...GASP! I know this all sounds so lame, but it's SO not. If you aren't watching, you need to.
-Caught up on some other shows over the weekend. Gotta say, on 30 Rock, I didn't see TGS being cancelled coming my way at all, but I loved the entire storyline of Liz and Jack in bed NOT having sex. I thought it was a great way for idiots to understand why Liz and Jack would never end up together. I also thought that Liz's idea of using the Dorito dust as a rub for beef and poultry was actually a REALLY good idea. If I remember to try it, I'll let you know.
-How good was Parks & Rec on Thursday night? Loved the bachelor party for all the guys' idea, the nod to St. Elmos, and Ron Swanson eating ice cream. It was also pretty cool for the guys to play football with the Indianapolis Colts in Lucas Oil stadium. Rob Lowe's a huge Colts fan I'm betting he had something to with making that happen.
-I'm all caught up on Nashville too. I was really hoping that Raina would end up doing her new producer and not heading home to that bore Teddy. I was also hoping that Teddy would do Brad Paisley's wife, but nope that didn't happen. Teddy did get elected Mayor of Nashville and Deacon did leave the Rebel Kings after beating up the lead singer, and thankfully, Juliette gave her husband of two seconds his annulment.
-In case you are trying to catch up on your Oscar movies before the big telecast in a few weeks, I saw Amour and Django Unchained. I loved Django even though it's REALLY violent. Lots of great performances, especially Leonardo DiCaprio's and LOTS of blood...Amour is a French film and while it was very poignant, touching and emotional, it was also sooooo sad and depressing and I honestly wouldn't recommend you watch it.
NEWS & INFORMATION
- Pandora users created 1.6 BILLION stations in 2012
- Pandora users listened to 1 million different songs
- Pandora users listened to over 100,000 different artists
- All of this totaled 13 billion hours of songs
- 10,000 of the artists on Pandora had over 25,000 different listeners
- Lil Wayne has made 3 Million dollars from Pandora
- Pandora was available in over 1000 different devices
- 125 million users on Pandora have listened via smartphones and tablets
- 2.2 billion – Number of email users worldwide.
- 144 billion – Total email traffic per day worldwide.
- 61% – Share of emails that were considered non-essential.
- 4.3 billion – Number of email clients worldwide in 2012.
- 35.6% – Usage share of the most popular email client, which was Mail for iOS.
- 425 million – Number of active Gmail users globally, making it the leading email provider worldwide.
- 68.8% – Percentage of all email traffic that was spam .
- 50.76% – Percentage of all spam that was about pharmaceuticals, the top category of all spam.
- 0.22% – Share of worldwide emails that comprised some form of phishing attack.
-Web pages, websites, and web hosting facts:
- 634 million – Number of websites (December).
- 51 million – Number of websites added during the year.
- 43% – Share of the top 1 million websites that are hosted in the U.S.
- 48% – Share of the the top 100 blogs that run WordPress.
- 75% – Share of the top 10,000 websites that are served by open source software.
- 87.8 million – Number of Tumblr blogs .
- 17.8 billion – Number of page views for Tumblr.
- 59.4 million – Number of WordPress sites around the world.
- 3.5 billion – Number of webpages run by WordPress viewed each month.
- 37 billion – Number of pageviews for Reddit.com in 2012.
- 35% – The average web page became this much larger during 2012.
- 4% – The average web page became this much slower to load during 2012.
- 191 million – Number of visitors to Google Sites, the number 1 web property in the U.S. in November.
- Mike's not coming back to Homeland, did you hear that news? No info on what's going to happen to him really, just that he's not coming back for season 3. Can you imagine the face Dana will make when she gets that news?
-I'll remind you again on Wednesday, but if you are at all interested in the Manti Te'o story, Katie Couric will be airing her interview with him this Thursday. I am sort of interested and maybe it will be better than the Lance Armstrong interview. Let's hope Katie's stylist learned what NOT to do from Oprah's stylist. I don't think Katie has any crazy back fat, but just in case let's hope it's not a distraction during the show.
-Monday's Trivia Question: Today is Inauguration Day and one of my favorite movies, The American President, is on at 8pm. What was President Andrew Shephard's daughter's name in the movie?
Send your Trivia Answer to Kristy at Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Kristy Carruba is currently Media Manager for Verizon Wireless Consumer Products where she oversees the investment and inventory management for all National media. Kristy has always had a passion for TV and started writing “TV News of the Day” in January of 2011 which evolved into Watching Way Too Much six months later. Kristy can be reached Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Read all Kristy's MediaBizBloggers commentaries at Watching Way Too Much.
Check us out on Facebook at MediaBizBloggers.com
Follow our Twitter updates @MediaBizBlogger
The opinions and points of view expressed in this commentary are exclusively the views of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of MediaBizBloggers.com management or associated bloggers. MediaBizBloggers is an open thought leadership platform and readers may share their comments and opinions in response to all commentaries.