And the Emmy goes too... - Kristy Carruba
Published: July 19, 2012 at 08:44 AM GMT
|Kristy Carruba -- Click on the photo read Watching Way Too Much archives.|
Last Updated: July 19, 2012 at 08:44 AM GMT
By Kristy Carruba
The answer to Wednesday's Trivia Question: GRACE UNDER FIRE was actually a midseason replacement. Apparently you guys just don't like multiple choice questions. Most of you got this one wrong! How did all of you manage on your SAT's???
FIRST TWO: Bobby Aguilera & Gerald Piscopo
Tuesday's Broadcast Top 5
AMERICA'S GOT TALENT (CFF)-NBC 10,1
HELLS KITCHEN-FOX 2.4/5.9
LOVE IN THE WILD-NBC 1.3/4.3
Tuesday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
AMERICAS GOT TALENT (CFF)-NBC 37,840
HELLS KITCHEN-FOX 22,394
LA COMPLEX-CW 19,998
TRUST US WITH YOUR LIFE-ABC 16,012
Tuesday's Cable Top 5
STORAGE WARS-A&E 1.8/4.7
STORAGE WARS-A&E 1.5/4.1
DEADLIEST CATCH-Discovery 1.4/3.0
BIG BANG THEORY-TBS 1.2/3.0
TOSH.O-Comedy Central 1.1/1.9
Tuesday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
PRETTY LITTLE LIARS-ABC Family 304,799
WORKAHOLICS-Comedy Central 108,963
RIZZOLI & ISLES-TNT 69,157
TOSH.O-Comedy Central 58,262
DANCE MOMS-Lifetime 55,659
AND THE EMMY NOMINATIONS ARE OUT...Some crazy stuff here...the Drama category is brutal!
Outstanding Comedy Series
The Big Bang Theory
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Outstanding Lead Actress In A Comedy Series
Melissa McCarthy/MIKE & MOLLY
Zooey Deschanel/NEW GIRLS
Edie Falco/NURSE JACKIE
Amy Poehler/PARKS & REC
Tina Fey as Liz Lemon
Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Selina Meyer
Outstanding Lead Actor In A Comedy Series
Jim Parsons BIG BANG THEORY
Larry David/CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM
Don Cheadle/HOUSE OF LIES
Alec Baldwin/30 ROCK
Jon Cryer/2 1/2 MEN
Outstanding Drama Series
Game of Thrones
Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama Series
Michelle Dockery/DOWNTOWN ABBEY
Julianna Margulies/THE GOOD WIFE
Kathy Bates/HARRY'S LAW
Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series
Steve Buscemi/BOARDWALK EMPIRE
Bryan Cranston/BREAKING BAD
Michael C. Hall/DEXTER
Hugh Bonneville/DOWNTOWN ABBEY
Jon Hamm/MAD MEN
Outstanding Variety Series
The Colbert Report
The Daily Show With Jon Stewart
Jimmy Kimmel Live
Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
Real Time With Bill Maher
Saturday Night Live
Outstanding Writing For A Variety Series
The Colbert Report
The Daily Show With Jon Stewart • Comedy Central • Central Productions, LLC
Portlandia • IFC • Broadway Video in association with IFC
Real Time With Bill Maher
Saturday Night Live
Outstanding Reality Program
Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution
Who Do You Think You Are?
Outstanding Reality-Competition Program
The Amazing Race
Dancing With The Stars
So You Think You Can Dance
The Voice • NBC
Outstanding Host For A Reality Or Reality-Competition Program
Phil Keoghan/The Amazing Race
Ryan Seacrest/American Idol
Betty White/Betty White's Off Their Rockers
Tom Bergeron/Dancing With The Stars
Cat Deeley/So You Think You Can Dance
-Back by popular demand...BIG BROTHER BULLET POINTS!!!
- What was with Wil with one L's tank top?
- Let's face it, with the exception of Russell's brother WIllie, the only people really playing this game are the Coaches and...I'm fine with that
- I am betting that this cast gets the award for the most house guests to appear in bathing suits...Janelle and Jojo spent most of this episode in a bathing suit -I've coined a new word...skat, which is a person who can look skinny and fat at the same time...it's a phenomenon, I was using it to describe Janelle.
- What is with everyone wearing sunglasses in the house, did the BB house go solar and not tell us?
- Dan the yeller...I love Dan and I don't mind the yelling narration, but I would have thought after his season when he watched himself he would remember to shhhhh himself and stop yelling. I bet he types in all caps
- Question: What happens if the entire team is voted out of the game...is the coach out too?
- I love Britney and Janelle's team name given by "Boogs"...Blonde Ambition
- Apparently Ian has a not so secret talent...he can kick himself in the face, he thinks it's funny, I think it just adds to his super oddness
- Boogie's "Showmance Anyone?" T-shirt bugged the sh*t out of me
- Loved Britney squashing Boogie
- It didn't take long for Boogie to throw Dan under the bus, but the good news is that Britney informed Dan and Dan knew that Boogie couldn't be trusted
- Was that a tampon in Jojo's bathing suit? It looked like it didn't it?
- I was glad that Shane won the Power of Veto and even gladder (I know it's not a word...I'm trying to be funny) that he didn't use it.
- The laundry competition looked fun to me, except everyone BUT Shane sucked at it
- Britney was eating Donette's...I found that funny...actually, it was more like jealously who am I kidding?
- Shane was wearing Pooka Beads circa 1983
- Mike Boogie is a cocky ass...just saying
-As you know from my blog yesterday, Howard Stern's beloved dog Bianca passed away...coincidentally the winner from Britain's got talent, this 17 year old girl and her dog were booked to perform on last night's AMERICA'S GOT TALENT. You could see that Howard was uncomfortable, but again, to his credit, he held it together and kept going. Nick and an electric purple shirt and a suit from The Matrix to his chia hair last night for one of the most kookoo for cocoa puffs outfits. I believe I got 3 out of 4 correct picks from my predictions yesterday...Jacob the comedian, Lightwire Theatre, and the bicyclists were the 3 I predicted would make it. I never would have guessed that the kids dance troupe, The Untouchables would have moved on, but they did. Oh...Havana Brown, sure she was hot, but I'd never heard of her before and I wasn't sure if she was a DJ or a singer or what.
-Kelly and Josh Groban welcomed super hot Jesse Metcalf from Dallas and NY Giant, Victor Cruz to LIVE WITH KELLY...Josh Groban's growing on me...I would have preferred that Jesse, and Victor now that I think about it more both come out shirtless but they both wore beautifully tailored suits instead. Another reason I love Kelly, she brought up the fact that Jesse is really known for his shirtlessness and provided us all with some clips to prove it. Thanks Kelly!
-Pete Rose is apparently filming a reality show for TLC that will document his current wedding plans...what? I'd rather see Charlie Hustle sneaking some bets or coaching little league or something that depicts him and his former career, but no...he's planning a wedding...Bizarre, but I'm sure I'll check it out when it airs. I am that insane.
-Amazing P&G Olympic spot...I don't want to say anything about it...just watch. Let me know what you think. I am attaching the longer version, but there is a short version as well.
-I watch DAILY SHOT on Yahoo everyday...well most days. Anyway, for anyone that has no idea what I'm talking about, it's a 5 minute show starring comedienne, Ali Wentworth (who is also George Stephanopoulos's wife). Ali pretty much does a minute of chit chat with her awesome gay sidekick/friend, John. Then they usually pick 2-3 news stories to discuss and that's it. 5 minutes and done. What I love is that Ali, usually has no make-up on, her hair is always a mess and her clothes are just regular clothes you would wear just hanging around your house. She could be any non-celebrity type person, but she's hilarious and real and I love that. If you have seen Ali on Oprah or on other talk shows, you will know that while she was always attractive, she had some serious eye bags...I am talking Hefty types. Every time I would see her, I would think "I love you Ali, but you need your eyes done". Well...she did it...and she looks much better already. Just needed to share.
-Some June comScore Data:
- 11 billion online video ads were viewed in June, up from over 10 billion in May.
- each of the top five online video advertising properties delivered more than 1 billion video ads in June.
- Google sites (1.41 billion ads delivered), BrightRoll (1.39 billion ads), Hulu (1.33 billion), Adap.tv (1.15 billion), and TubeMogul (1.04) billion.
- Time spent watching video ads reached 4.6 billion minutes, with BrightRoll delivering the highest duration of video ads at 805 million minutes.
- video ads reached 53% of the total US population an average of 68 times during the month.
- Hulu and ESPN delivered the highest frequency of video ads to their viewers with an average of 52 and 34 ads per viewer, respectively.
- 180 million US internet users watched 33 billion pieces of online video content in June 2012.
- compared to data from May, the number of US internet users watching videos online remained the same at 180 million
- there was a drop in the number of videos watched
- In May, Americans watched 36.6 billion pieces of video content on the web.
- The top five online video content properties (in terms of unique viewers): Google and Yahoo held their top spots with 154.5 million and 51.5 million unique viewers, respectively. Those two were followed by Facebook (49 million, up from #5), VEVO (46.2 million, down from #3), and Viacom Digital (38.9 million, new). Microsoft, which was at #4 last month dropped to #6 in June 2012, allowing for Viacom Digital to shoot up into the top five.
-ELECTRIC CITY another web show over Yahoo, premiered yesterday. This one is brought to us by Tom Hanks. I lasted all of 10 seconds. It's an animated show, and so not my thing. Sorry Tom.
-Tonight is the premiere of Jerry Seinfeld's web show where he interviews people in his car I think. I'll let you know what I think tomorrow.
Thursday's Trivia Question: One of these reality competition shows started out as a Midseason replacement. Which one? SURVIVOR, SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE, THE AMAZING RACE, or THE BIGGEST LOSER
Send your Trivia Answer to Kristy at Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Kristy Carruba is currently Media Manager for Verizon Wireless Consumer Products where she oversees the investment and inventory management for all National media. Kristy has always had a passion for TV and started writing “TV News of the Day” in January of 2011 which evolved into Watching Way Too Much six months later. Kristy can be reached Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Read all Kristy's MediaBizBloggers commentaries at Watching Way Too Much.
Check us out on Facebook at MediaBizBloggers.com
Follow our Twitter updates @MediaBizBlogger
The opinions and points of view expressed in this commentary are exclusively the views of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of MediaBizBloggers.com management or associated bloggers. MediaBizBloggers is an open thought leadership platform and readers may share their comments and opinions in response to all commentaries.
To communicate with or to be contacted by the executives and/or companies mentioned in this column, link to JackMyers Connection Hotline.