EMMY's, EMMY's, EMMY's...who won and who won the WWTM POOL? - Kristy Carruba
Published: September 24, 2012 at 10:52 AM GMT
|Kristy Carruba -- Click on the photo read Watching Way Too Much archives.|
Last Updated: September 24, 2012 at 10:52 AM GMT
By Kristy Carruba
The answer to Friday's Trivia Question: Skreech won the beauty pageant
FIRST FIVES: Bobby Aguilera, Candace Gorin, He Who Shall Not Be Named, Stephanie Baxter & Tara Dowling
Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
X Factor-FOX 3.4/9.8
The Big Bang Theory-CBS 2.4/9.2
The Office-NBC 2.1/4.3
The Big Bang Theory-CBS 2.0/7.8
Thursday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
X Factor-FOX 394,743
Parks & Rec-NBC 70,096
The Office-NBC 65,705
The Big Bang Theory-CBS 44,418
Thursday's Cable Top 5
NFL-NFL Network 3.0/6.9
NFL Pre Kick-NFL Network 1.6/3.9
The Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.2/2.7
Impractical Jokers-Tru .9/1.7
Thursday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
NFL Football-NFL Network 198,265
Project Runway-Lifetime 22,739
Braxton Family Values-We 20,979
Impact Wrestling-Spike 20,059
Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Shark Tank-ABC 1.6/5.8
What Would You Do-ABC 1.5/4.6
Undercover Boss-CBS 1.1/4.7
CSI NY-CBS 1.0/5.8
Friday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
America's Next Top Model-CW 52,852
Shark Tank-ABC 31,078
Alma Awards-NBC 17,461
What Woud You Do?-ABC 7,259
Friday's Cable Top 5
Friday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
Ghost Adventures-Travel 38,731
Fashion Police-E! 19,681
Fish Hooks-Disney 15,390
-I started the night with E!'s Red Carpet Coverage. This year in addition to the Glam Cam 360 and the Stiletto Cam E! added a ManiCam that showed everyone's manicures. Ridiculous but yet enjoyable.
- Padma Lakshmi's orange dress was gorgeous, I don't know much about her. What is that massive scar on her arm from? Good for her that she went sleeveless...I wouldn't have.
- Hated Mayim Bialik's dress
- Giulianna Rancic's hair was huge from the side but normal from the front...an E! phenomenon.
- I loved Kat Dennings dress, mainly because I love red, but I was more amazed how perfect the dress/boob combo was and of course always the need to understand what is used to keep them from just popping right out.
- Ginnifer Goodwin looked very pretty... also in red. Her makeup was gorgeous.
- I'm so over Jon Hamm and his "long time love" blond chick who always seems high when she speaks
- Just the commercials for American Horror Story scare the crap out of me.
- Love Connie Britton, but didn't love her hair or her dress at all (Sorry Connie)
- Does Judith Leiber have the sparkly award show handbag monopoly?
- I really don't like Hayden Panettierre...she seems like a snotty b*tch.
- Heidi Klum looked stunning in her very slitty sea foam green dress. I think she just looked intentionally amazing since it was her first time on the red carpet as a single woman...maybe she was trying to get some and make Seal jealous.
- Melissa McCarthy's husband definitely doesn't love her...he let her walk the red carpet with something stuck in between her teeth...bad husband...bad bad bad husband
- Tina Fey looked awesome as always.
- Emily Van Camp's boobs looked good in her dress, but I didn't like her dress at all...I never think that Gray looks good on anyone.
- January Jones looked GROSS
- Sofia Vergara can wear anything, but man she looked stunning in her dress last night.
- I didn't think Christina Hendricks boobs could look any larger but in her grayish dress they looked massive (I seem to be obsessed with boobs tonight)
- Matthew Perry needs some Hair Club for Men...too much gray and I have already explained that I don't think gray looks good on anyone.
- Claire Danes' dress regardless of her pregnant belly...hideous sorry Claire...hated it
- Julia Louis Dreyfus looked very pretty but it looked like she didn't have time to get her hair done.
- I'm really surprised that so many celebrities have such short short nails.
- I didn't love Nicole Kidman's dress, actually I'm not a big Nicole fan, but Keith is hot so who cares about Nicole's dress.
- Julie Bowen is hilarious and always seems a bit wacky to me, I think we could be friends. Julie...call or text me.
- I don't watch the Colbert Report, but I love Stephen Colbert. 6 Years ago, I went to the Emmy's and we couldn't find our limo and neither could Stephen, we were all together searching. He was a nice guy and let us have the first one that was available.
Let me set the stage...I watched live in my family room with my son. We had the cell phone Viggling, on the laptop I had the live Emmy coverage from Emmys.com. (I liked the Backstage camera) we were grading Emmy ballots and I was keeping notes for this morning...and while that may sound very stressful, it really wasn't at all.
- Opening skit with Jimmy in the ladies room after Botox malfunction was funny, I could have lived without a naked Lena Dunham, but funny nonetheless, and now we know that Jimmy is a boxer/briefs kinda guy.
- Jimmy has gone through quite the makeover hasn't he? Pretty sure he's lost weight, gotten a spray tan, some hair, and botox. Do you think it's for the big move to 11:30?
- It must be me...I hated Girls. I really tried to like it, hated it.
- Eric Stonestreet's speech was great, glad he won.
- I didn't love Zooey Deschanel's dress at all.
- I love the Louie, Louie, Louie music for Louis CK
- The Breaking Bad Show skit...thumbs up
- Totally didn't get the nipple cover reference but glad to see Julie Bowen up there with an award (she was really emotional backstage, totally didn't expect to win at all)
- I love the Samsung GS3 commercial that makes fun of the iPhone peeps
- Yeah Jimmy Fallon won the Emmy for his appearance on SNL...Jimmy, when you sleepover, can you bring it with you for me to pose with?
- Steve Levitan's wife could use a little Botox no?
- I can't' stand Lily from Modern Family, I love that she was featured in the Modern Family sketch, and it was about how everyone hates her.
- Melissa McCarthy is always so good when presenting.
- Jon Cryer was totally shocked that he won both on screen and on the backstage camera
- Cute routine with Julia Louis Dreyfus reading Amy Poehler's acceptance speech, but Julia was also really shocked that she won on the backstage camera
- Amazing Race? Really??? The Voice was robbed
- Did Jeff Probst take himself out of the running for Best Reality Show host, because he is the best.
- Wow...they allowed the word dooshbag on the Emmy's? (I know that's not the right spelling, but I like my way better)
- I don't watch DWTS is Tom Bergeron better than Jeff Probst? I'm betting Jeff's better
- Yeah...Aaron Paul won for Breaking Bad...he's amazing...I guess we now know that Jessie doesn't die in the final season next Summer...he sort of gave that away right?
- Prank alert: Yes, I did do what Jimmy asked and loved Tracy Morgan laying on the stage but I think it sort of fell flat no? It did generate 25,000 Tweets in just minutes so not that flat.
- Another Yeah...Homeland won a writing award. It should have, it's brilliant.
- I knew that if Maggie Smith won she wouldn't be there...she's pretty ancient but she is REALLY good in Downton Abbey. She has the best lines out of anyone on that show.
- The Jimmy Kimmel tribute to himself was cute, I wish Ben Affleck gave the tribute, that would have been cuter.
- I had no idea that Damien Lewis was a Brit or if I did, I forgot. Homeland rules. If you haven't watched the first season, take a day off work and watch it before next Sunday. Too good to not watch.
- Ricky Gervais has really gotten back into every one's good graces hasn't he? Remember when everyone hated him?
- Every time I see clips for The Daily Show, I really want to watch it, but I never get to it. Congrats again Jon Stewart. (I stalked him when I went to the Emmy's...he's tiny in person, he's also an LBI-er)
- Jessica Lange gives me the creeps.
- I haven't seen Tom Berenger in a long time, he was so hot in The Big Chill, he's aging pretty well I would say.
- I think they told the audience to hold their clapping during the Memoriam section of the show. I sort of missed the clapping. We lost a lot of people this year, I guess that means I'm getting older since I knew who most of the people who passed away were.
- Julianne Moore thanked Jay Roach (Who won for best miniseries/movie for Game Change too). Jay is married to Suzannah Hoffs who sang "Walk Like an Egyptian" when she was in The Bangles. I loved that band...but I digress
- Kevin Costner's still pretty hot. I knew he would win for Hatfields & McCoys...first Emmy win for him, pretty humble huh?
- OMG MY HUSBAND'S SNORING DROVE ME CRAZY WHILE I WATCHED THE EMMY'S...digressing again
- I didn't know Tom Hanks was involved with HBO's Game Change. I definitely don't like the mustache Tom...I hope it's for a part you're playing and not for real life. Good speech as always. Rita tell him to shave that thing.
- It seems everyone in Hollywood works with the best writers, best cast, best crew etc. Just once it would be awesome if someone got up there and said: Ya know...our crew's okay, and I really didn't think our writers were that good. All of the actors don't even like each other on our set. Our director's decent, but man am I just blown away that we won this award, because I'm shocked we even get our show on the air each week. Now that would be a nice breath of fresh air in a thank you speech right?
- Michael J. Fox gets the standing O...he looks great right? He's turning 50!
- Yeah for Modern Family...best Comedy.
- I really thought the Emmy's were pretty good...what did you think...weigh in.
-I did also get in The Real Housewives of NJ season finale. I know...impressive right. It picked up right where it left off last week...at the Posche fashion show. Theresa SO set Melissa up, what a total b*tch for doing that to her. Who cares if she stripped or if she danced, or whatever. Theresa apparently hasn't spoken to anyone live in a year. The only person she has had any contact with via text is Kathy. She also can't say the word coincidence. I can only imagine what will go on at the reunion next week the scenes were intense.
-Immediately following RHONJ, was Watch What Happens Live. Andy had Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos on to go over the top 5 moments of RHONJ. Kelly and Mark also did their impressions of The Gorga's and The Giudice's...pretty good actually. Odd shoe choice by Mark Consuelos, but I'll let it go because I love him.
-Each week Mashable, one of my favorite websites, publishes the a Social Brand Chart which lists the Top 10 Global Brands based on social engagement. I always find it sort of interesting because it very rarely reflects who I would think the top contenders would be. Probably because it's a Global chart and not a US one...anyway here are the 5 Global Brands with the most social engagement according to the chart:
3) Red Bull
I knew the numbers would be high for streaming music, didn't realize they'd be this high though. Another interesting chart...thanks eMarketer.
Congratulations to ANDREA WALTERS for winning the 2nd Annual WWTM Emmy Pool. Andrea had a score of 75 out of a possible 90, beating the next closest competitor by 5 points. Andrea email me your address so I can send you your prize! Thanks to all for playing, we had 41 entries which is double what I had last year!
Monday's Trivia Question: We were having some work done around our house last week, which gave me the idea for this week's trivia questions...What was the name of Murphy Browns painter who pretty much painted her house for all 10 years the show was on.
Send your Trivia Answer to Kristy at Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Kristy Carruba is currently Media Manager for Verizon Wireless Consumer Products where she oversees the investment and inventory management for all National media. Kristy has always had a passion for TV and started writing “TV News of the Day” in January of 2011 which evolved into Watching Way Too Much six months later. Kristy can be reached Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Read all Kristy's MediaBizBloggers commentaries at Watching Way Too Much.
Check us out on Facebook at MediaBizBloggers.com
Follow our Twitter updates @MediaBizBlogger
The opinions and points of view expressed in this commentary are exclusively the views of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of MediaBizBloggers.com management or associated bloggers. MediaBizBloggers is an open thought leadership platform and readers may share their comments and opinions in response to all commentaries.
To communicate with or to be contacted by the executives and/or companies mentioned in this column, link to JackMyers Connection Hotline.