Jerry's Back, Bangin in Dallas, and some Emmy commentary - Kristy Carruba
Published: July 20, 2012 at 02:55 AM GMT
|Kristy Carruba -- Click on the photo read Watching Way Too Much archives.|
Last Updated: July 20, 2012 at 02:55 AM GMT
By Kristy Carruba
The answer to Thursday's Trivia Question: THE AMAZING RACE was the midseason replacement I was looking for and again, you guys had a tough time with the multiple choice question!
FIRST FOUR: Ed Ziskind, Bob Kaplan, James Gabriele & Elizabeth Mahoney
Wednesday's Broadcast Top 5
AMERICA'S GOT TALENT (CFF)-NBC 2.0/7.6
BIG BROTHER (CFF)-CBS 2.0/5.7
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE--FOX 1.8/5.1
MODERN FAMILY (CFF)-ABC 1.5/4.0
MODERN FAMILY (CFF)-ABC 1.4/3.9
Wednesday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
BIG BROTHER (CFF)-CBS 79,274
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE-FOX 76,397
AMERICA'S GOT TALENT (CFF)-NBC 25,457
CRIMINAL MINDS-CBS 19,585
THE MIDDLE-CBS 19,585
Wednesday's Cable Top 5
THE BIG BANG THEORY-TBS 1.4/3.2
THE BIG BANG THEORY-TBS 1.1/2.6
ROYAL PAINS-USA 1.1/4.2
DALLAS (CFF)-TNT .9/3.8
AMERICAN DAD-Adult Swim .8/2.1
Wednesday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
DALLAS (CFF)-TNT 47,986
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 PLATES-Bravo 47,656
ROYAL PAINS-USA 43,537
VIRGIN DIARIES-TLC 42,668
SOUTH PARK-Comedy Central 33,094
BIG BROTHER BULLET POINTS:
- Julie Chen looked good actually...The head looked normal size. The fake pearls should have been shorter and they should have been real...Les...get your woman some real pearls
- So much went on in such a short period of time.
- Everyone thought that Dan and Kara were the threatening team and I disagreed with everyone. I say decimate Boogie's team as soon as possible because Boogie is a problem...and...I hate him
- The amount of game play in week one is exhausting for the viewer, I can only imagine how exhausting it is for the houseguests.
- Boogie is apparently suffering from this exhaustion and sleeping through most of the show
- Britney is already too paranoid, especially when she sees Janelle and Dan spending time together
- Britney's theory that because there are keyholes next to the coaches photos on the board they MUST be entering the game at some point, is an interesting one that I hope is accurate
- Like an idiot who hasn't learned a thing about playing the BB game, Britney tells Willie her theory, swears him to secrecy and he keeps the secret all of 10 seconds, freaks out, and has a house meeting without the coaches
- Not sure if I thought that Willie's meeting was a good idea or a bad one, but it was bad for Frank and it was bad for the coaches since Willie told the house guests "don't listen to your coaches, they may be coming back into the game"
- Willie and Frank have a blow out that apparently wakes Boogie up from his nap
- Jojo from Staten Island says "ax" instead of ask which is something that just drives me up a freaking wall and I want to reach through the TV and smack her
- Kara is voted out of the BB house. At first I thought this was a stupid move
- Frank, who was THIS close to being voted out, wins HOH and will be SO going after Willie whom I was sort of glad about because I like Frank, but he is on Boogie's team, so I wanted him out so that Boogie would be ousted from the game.
- Awesome new twist...Coaches that win their competition have the opportunity to save one of their players or they can trade one of their players...now that is a good twist!
-Jerry O'Connell was back on LIVE WITH KELLY and I really love him on the show. He's a true goofball. He just is, he also seems sort of disheveled and messy but clean and well dressed at the same time. I could get into him taking the job. So let's see if I have this right...Front runners at this point would be: Seth Meyers (booooo), Josh Groban (booooo), Michael Strahan (yeahhhhhh), Jerry O'Connell (Yeahhhhhh) and Nick Lachey (ehhhh not sure). Did I capture them all? I think so. I say, wait for Alec Baldwin to finish out his 30 ROCK commitment and hire him. I think he wraps around Christmas, so after the holidays sign Alec.
-Caught up on DALLAS last night. Scarface is preggers but Christopher doesn't believe her. So he has a DNA test that in real life would take a month, but in TV time takes an hour. Of course the test proves that Christopher is the father, but it also reveals that Scarface is pregnant with TWINS...of course she is. This news brings Christopher to tears. Mainly because Christopher desperately wants Elena back but she's with John Ross and desperately needs to grow out her bangs which takes time. Elena and Sue Ellen both need to grow out their bangs and Scarface, in order to cover her scar, should actually add in some bangs...This is my DALLAS side story. I think the producers should have a web series called BANGING in DALLAS...cute right? Anyway, I digress...John Ross's "friend" Marta was murdered and he of course is being framed for the murder. Lastly, Bobby's wife, Annie apparently has some sort of secret (I'm guessing she gave a kid away or something) and Bobby being the guy that he is, doesn't need to know her secret he loves her no matter what. (Dumb Bobby...dumb) Oh, and did you notice that over on TNT you can use curse words like bullsh*t, t*ts and b*tch...I won't even let myself type such profanity, but I do enjoy when these words sneak into my non premium cable TV shows. Also sort of interesting...3 former 24 stars were in this week's episode of DALLAS. President Palmer's security guard, Tony Almeda and one of the heads of CTU. Anyone else catch that or was that my mad TV skills at work?
-I have 2 online shows that I can't miss...first was THE DAILY SHOT with Ali Wentworth that I discussed yesterday and now...COMEDIENNE's IN CARS GETTING COFFEE with Jerry Seinfeld. CICGC premiered last night at 9pm. Hard to tell if the entire series is going to be as enjoyable as last night's premiere because last night's show was basically a new episode of the best show of all time...SEINFELD...Last night, Jerry and Larry David went for coffee, but as you'll see...Larry doesn't drink coffee. The show is pretty much about nothing and is once again brilliant and enjoyable and even better...it's less than 15 minutes and so far has no commercial breaks. If you didn't see it...check it out here.
-Now that I've had some time to digest the EMMY nominations, I do have a few comments. I think I need to go back to the bullet points though...
- In the Best Comedy category, GIRLS and VEEP should SO not have been nominated at all...Here are some replacements that got screwed in my opinion: PARKS & REC, HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, EPISODES and COMMUNITY
- While I have no issues at all with the Best Drama category nominees, as I wouldn't eliminate any of them, I would have liked to see ONCE UPON A TIME get nominated in this category too.
- Zooey Deschannel and Lena Dunham should not have been nominated at all in the Best Actress in a comedy category. I would have liked to see either of the two or both of the lead actresses in HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER get a nod
- Matt LeBlanc should have been nominated for EPISODES In the Best Actor in a comedy category and maybe Nick Offerman or even Rob Lowe for PARKS & REC
- The fact that Jeff Probst isn't nominated at all for Best Reality Show host is a crime. How do you go from winning 4 times to not being nominated at all? Did he take himself out of the race?
- I would have preferred The Evil Queen, Lana Parrilla, from ONCE UPON A TIME get nominated for Best Actress in a Drama rather than Kathy Bates for HARRY's LAW
- The Best Actor in a Drama category is INSANELY perfect
- PARENTHOOD got NOTHING?
-I know there are a few readers who are catching up on REVENGE over the Summer. STOP READING THIS RIGHT NOW IF THIS IS YOU: Jennifer Jason Leigh, fresh out of her role as Jill on WEEDS, will be joining the cast of REVENGE as SPOILER ALERT: Emily Thorne's Mom. I for one am excited by this casting announcement. She was awesome in WEEDS and I'm sure she will be an amazing addition to the cast.
GOT A THEME IDEA FOR TRIVIA??? SEND IT IN! Always looking for help on this front!
Friday's Trivia Question: Dan Fielding, Bull, Christine Sullivan, Mac, Roz and Harry Stone...name the Midseason replacement.
Have a great weekend!
Send your Trivia Answer to Kristy at Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Kristy Carruba is currently Media Manager for Verizon Wireless Consumer Products where she oversees the investment and inventory management for all National media. Kristy has always had a passion for TV and started writing “TV News of the Day” in January of 2011 which evolved into Watching Way Too Much six months later. Kristy can be reached Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Read all Kristy's MediaBizBloggers commentaries at Watching Way Too Much.
Check us out on Facebook at MediaBizBloggers.com
Follow our Twitter updates @MediaBizBlogger
The opinions and points of view expressed in this commentary are exclusively the views of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of MediaBizBloggers.com management or associated bloggers. MediaBizBloggers is an open thought leadership platform and readers may share their comments and opinions in response to all commentaries.
To communicate with or to be contacted by the executives and/or companies mentioned in this column, link to JackMyers Connection Hotline.