More Olympics and More Breakups - Kristy Carruba
Published: July 31, 2012 at 08:46 AM GMT
|Kristy Carruba -- Click on the photo read Watching Way Too Much archives.|
Last Updated: July 31, 2012 at 08:46 AM GMT
By Kristy Carruba
The answer to Monday's Trivia Question: The 5 Olympic rings represent the 5 continents coming together and competing.
FIRST FIVE: Bobby Aguilera, Jim Wall, Elke Raskob, Andrew Werts & Bill McLaughlin
Friday's Cable Top 5
AMERICAN DAD-Adult Swim .7/1.7
FINDING NEMO-Disney .7/1.6
FOR BETTER OR WORSE-TBS .6/1.6
HOUSE OF PAYNE-TBS .5/1.4
Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
SUMMER OLYMPICS-NBC 11.4/35.4
BIG BROTHER-CBS 1.8/5.1
FAMILY GUY-FOX 1.6/3.1
FAMILY GUY-FOX 1.5/3.1
THE SIMPSONS-FOX 1.2/2.6
Sunday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
SUMMER OLYMPICS-NBC 1,215,213
SUMMER OLYMPICS- NBC 820,693
SUMMER OLYMPICS-NBC 272,656
SUMMER OLYMPICS-NBC 199,615
JUEGOS OLIMPICOS-Telemundo 142,840
Sunday's Cable Top 5
Sunday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
SUMMER OLYMPICS-NBC SPORTS 534,197
SUMMER OLYMPICS-MSNBC 402,531
SUMMER OLYMPICS TENNIS-Bravo 221,952
SUMMER OLYMPICS BOXING-CNBC 171,210
SUMMER OLYMPICS BOXING-170,437
Some thoughts as I watched the OLYMPICS last night:
- What has Bob Costas had done? Hair dye and botox? Not judging...but you really find yourself mesmerized when he's on don't you?
- How does one decide to be a synchronized diver...sure a lone solo diver, I get that, but when do you make that leap and decide...no, this isn't it...close...but I think I am really looking for synchronicity...OMG...I just correctly used synchronicity in a sentence...better send a personal note to Sting, Andy and the third guy.
- How tiny are those divers bathing suits and isn't it amazing that at those speeds they stay on upon impact?
- Johnny Mac looked dumb wearing the laceless converse
- Is sand that much of an attraction that you would choose beach volleyball over just plain volleyball?
- I prefer the underwater camera during swimming
- Lochte takes 4th place? WTF?
- Yeah Missy Franklin!
- Through the first three nights of Olympics, NBC is averaging 35.8 million viewers, the best through the first weekend for any Summer Olympics in history (since the 1960 Rome Olympics, the first televised Olympics), 1.4 million more than the 1996 Atlanta Olympics (34.4 million), and five million more viewers than 2008 Beijing Olympics (30.6 million).
- Men's gymnastics...when the guys take their red shorts off, the white bottoms are REALLY see through...I mean...REALLY SEE THROUGH
- Our USA Men's team...really screwing up
- Some crazy hair on the Japanese guy Kohey Uchimura and some crazy pain on the armpits during the parallel bar routines.
- Sorta annoyed that it's 11pm and the men's gymnastics competition isn't over yet...I gotta go to bed...c'mon NBC!
-Caught up on WEEDS...boring. Caught up on EPISODES, also kind of boring. On LIVE WITH KELLY, Chris Harrison and a recycled dress...boring. REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NJ, the gang is finally on their road trip in California. Theresa is just as stupid as ever. Who wears crazy blue stiletto's with fringe when camping out of an RV? Theresa does. I gotta give Melissa Gorga credit for really trying to communicate with her sister-in-law, I would have given up a long time ago.
-THE BIG C that hilarious comedy about a woman with cancer has been renewed for a 4th and final season. Of course it's medical, so I don't watch it, but for those of you who do, you get another season. I guess Laura Linney finally dies? No idea, but I would assume that a show about someone dying of cancer ends with the person finally dying no?
-There was a show on ABC this Summer called TRUST US WITH YOUR LIFE with Fred Willard. Haven't heard of it? You're not the only one...nobody is watching it and nobody was talking about it until...Fred Willard got arrested for "lewd conduct" and boom...ABC pulls the show and replaces it with WIPEOUT reruns instead. See...ABC has it all wrong...now's the time to leave the show on...you know what they say, any publicity is good publicity, well...maybe not when the star of your show gets caught with his pants down.
-For as long as I've been watching REAL HOUSEWIVES OF BEVERLY HILLS, I've said that Adrienne Maloof and Paul's bickering was not good. Sure we had Taylor and her abusive whack job of a husband, Russell, and of course we had the cheating Kelsey Grammar, but with Adrienne and Paul, it was constant bickering and I hate to say it, but mainly on Adrienne's part. She wasn't very nice to Paul at all. I'm sure there are 2 sides to everything, and nobody likes to see people break up, but it came as no surprise to me when I read yesterday that the Maloof/Nasifs were splitting up. No surprise at all.
-What was a surprise to me was the breakup of Bret Michaels and his girlfriend of 18 years and fiancé for 1, Kristi Gibson...that one really did shocked me. I guess Bret's brush with death a while back is just a faint memory now and he needs to get back to the ROCK OF LOVE. I didn't really think they'd get married, I kinda thought the proposal was really all for the reality show. Now, I'm sure of it.
-When was the last writers strike? Anyone remember? Back then, 2008 I believe, before Hulu and YouTube and Netflix were as popular as they are now, Joss Whedon, the BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER guy, needed something to do, so he wrote and directed DR. HORRIBLE'S SING ALONG BLOG which starred one of my favorites and yours...Neil Patrick Harris. Intrigued at the time and loyal to NPH, I checked it out online and witnessed its brilliance first hand...now, the CW has decided to air the entire thing (all 3 parts) on October 9th from 9-10p. I'll remind you guys to check it out as it gets closer...you'll definitely want to watch it.
-Tuesday's Trivia Question: Sorry, I'm just not into the Olympic trivia...Dr. B.J. Honeycutt...name the show.
Send your Trivia Answer to Kristy at Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Kristy Carruba is currently Media Manager for Verizon Wireless Consumer Products where she oversees the investment and inventory management for all National media. Kristy has always had a passion for TV and started writing “TV News of the Day” in January of 2011 which evolved into Watching Way Too Much six months later. Kristy can be reached Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Read all Kristy's MediaBizBloggers commentaries at Watching Way Too Much.
Check us out on Facebook at MediaBizBloggers.com
Follow our Twitter updates @MediaBizBlogger
The opinions and points of view expressed in this commentary are exclusively the views of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of MediaBizBloggers.com management or associated bloggers. MediaBizBloggers is an open thought leadership platform and readers may share their comments and opinions in response to all commentaries.
To communicate with or to be contacted by the executives and/or companies mentioned in this column, link to JackMyers Connection Hotline.