Yeah GABBY DOUGLAS! - Kristy Carruba
Published: August 3, 2012 at 11:25 AM GMT
|Kristy Carruba -- Click on the photo read Watching Way Too Much archives.|
Last Updated: August 3, 2012 at 11:25 AM GMT
By Kristy Carruba
The answer to Thursday's Trivia Question: The 2 M*A*S*H Commanders were Henry Blake and Sherman Potter
FIRST FIVES: Karen Hadley, Jim Wall, Bob Kaplan, Phyllis DiCesare & Bill McLaughlin
The answer to Thursday's Subliminal Trivia Question: The 2 rowing movies were Oxford Blues and The Social Network
FIRST FOUR: Mike Pierro, Bobby Aguilera, Elke Raskob & Larry Freeman
Wednesday's Broadcast Top 5
SUMMER OLYMPICS-NBC 9.7/30.5
BIG BROTHER (CFF)-CBS 1.9/5.2
CRIMINAL MINDS-CBS 1.1/4.4
MODERN FAMILY (CFF)-ABC 1.0/2.8
MODERN FAMILY (CFF)-ABC .9/2.9
Wednesday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
SUMMER OLYMPICS-NBC 1,218,626
SUMMER OLYMPICS-NBC 1,105,128
SUMMER OLYMPICS-NBC 436,245
JUEGOS OLIMPICOS-Telemundo 272,268
JUEGOS OLIMPICOS-Telemundo 266,382
Wednesday's Cable Top 5
AMERICAN DAD-Adult Swim .9/2.4
BIG BANG THEORY-TBS .9/2.1
DALLAS (CFF)-TNT .8/3.0
ROYAL PAINS-USA .8/2.9
AMERICAN DAD-Adult Swim .7/1.9
Wednesday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
SUMMER OLYMPICS-NBC Sports 540,775
SUMMER OLYMPICS-MSNBC 437,528
SUMMER OLYMPICS-Bravo 427,615
SUMMER OLYMPICS-CNBC 301,796
BEFORE ANY OF MY COMMENTARY...CONGRATULATIONS TO GABBY DOUGLAS!
Other than THAT...here's what else I was thinking while watching:
- My husband pointed out another annoying Bob Costasism...he leans to the left all the time, of course now that I'm aware of it...it's all I see, so add that to the face and hair and you have a crazy hot Bob Costas MESS!
- More rowing, I love the SYNCHRONICITY!!! (I believe that's 3 times this week)
- Okay I know this is way immature but...stroke rate, makes me laugh (Just call me Beavis)
- Confusing but enjoyable that coxswain is pronounced coxin
- When interviewed, the rowing chick said "people can catch crabs" (hee hee hee)
- Congrats to the USA women's rowing team! GOLD!
- Obsessed with everyone's headphones
- I totally skipped the entire Men's Volleyball game. Without the bikini's and the beach, not as interesting at all.
- In case you were wondering, Mary Lou Retton is 44 years old.
- Congrats to Rebecca Soni for her win, her gold and the world record
- Tyler Clary upset over Ryan Lochte...I love the confused looks...
- Another congrats to Michael Phelps on yet another Gold Medal!
- I think the Parent Cam's are one of the best part of NBC's coverage...cried my eyes out seeing Gabby's Mom after she took the Gold
Some interesting Olympic Digital facts:
The Women's Team Gymnastics finals on 7/31 delivered 1.4 million live streams, the Men's Swimming on the same day delivered 1 million live streams. 105 million minutes of video, 78 million of that was live were streamed across all platforms on 7/31. On NBCOlympics.com, reached 103.2 million page views across all platforms.
-I don't need bullet points to discuss BIG BROTHER from last night...OMG is all I have to say...what an amazingly brilliant twist! Sure we all had a feeling that the coaches might come back and actually play the game, but we didn't know that they would each get to go into the diary room and decide whether or not they wanted to accept America's offer. We also didn't know that if only one of them accepted the offer, they ALL would have to play the game. Surprisingly all but Adult Baby New Year/Boogie (I am going to start calling him ABNYB) wanted back in. So the game basically got reset and started all over again. Frank must be psyched because I'm pretty sure he was going home, but now...second chance! So nobody got evicted and everyone, including Shane, the current HOH, got to compete for HOH. Of course it's an endurance competition and we are left not knowing who the HOH is...I checked the blogs though and I know the answer...if you want to know...let me know and I can email you back!
-They are taking recycling to a whole new level over on LIVE WITH KELLY. I think I've yesterday's print dress at least 2 other times. The delightful Nick Lachey was back again as co-host, and I could swear, that I've seen his suit before too!
-According to comScore:
- More than 110 million people in the US owned smartphones during the three-month period ending in June,
- This was an increase of 4%
- Google/ Android accounted for 51.6% of the overall smartphone market (+0.6% from March 2012).
- Apple's iPhone increased to 32.4% (+1.7%).
- RIM came in third with a 10.7% share (-1.6%)
- Microsoft at 3.8% (-0.1%).
- 51.4% of US mobile subscribers used a downloaded app during the three-month period ending in June.
- 50.2% used a browser
- 36.9% accessed a social networking site or blog (these numbers cover all mobile phone users, not just those with smartphones)
Friday's Trivia Question: Corporal Radar O'Reilly...what was his first name and where was he from?
Have a great weekend!
Send your Trivia Answer to Kristy at Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Kristy Carruba is currently Media Manager for Verizon Wireless Consumer Products where she oversees the investment and inventory management for all National media. Kristy has always had a passion for TV and started writing “TV News of the Day” in January of 2011 which evolved into Watching Way Too Much six months later. Kristy can be reached Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Read all Kristy's MediaBizBloggers commentaries at Watching Way Too Much.
Check us out on Facebook at MediaBizBloggers.com
Follow our Twitter updates @MediaBizBlogger
The opinions and points of view expressed in this commentary are exclusively the views of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of MediaBizBloggers.com management or associated bloggers. MediaBizBloggers is an open thought leadership platform and readers may share their comments and opinions in response to all commentaries.
To communicate with or to be contacted by the executives and/or companies mentioned in this column, link to JackMyers Connection Hotline.