You are playing with fire Vince... - Kristy Carruba
Published: August 1, 2012 at 02:25 PM GMT
|Kristy Carruba -- Click on the photo read Watching Way Too Much archives.|
Last Updated: August 1, 2012 at 02:25 PM GMT
By Kristy Carruba
The answer to Tuesday's Trivia Question: Dr. BJ Honeycutt was a Dr. at the 4077th MASH unit. BJ was played by Mike Farrell
FIRST FIVES: Bobby Aguilera, Ed Ziskind, Bob Kaplan, Karen Hadley & Dan Realson
Sunday's Cable Top 5
KEEPING UP WITH THE KARDASHIANS-E! 1.6/3.0
BREAKING BAD (KF)-AMC 1.1/2.1
REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NJ (KF)-Bravo 1.0/2.0
FAMILY GUY-Adult Swim .7/2.0
Monday's Broadcast Top 5
SUMMER OLYMPICS-NBC 10.5/31.4
HELLS KITCHEN-FOX 1.2/2.8
TWO AND A HALF MEN-CBS 1.1/4.2
BACHELOR PAD-ABC 1.1/3.4
MIKE & MOLLY-CBS 1.1/3.8
Monday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
SUMMER OLYMPICS-NBC 1,533,323
SUMMER OLYMPICS-NBC 943,490
SUMMER OLYMPICS-NBC 280,150
JUEGOS OLIMPICOS-Telemundo 57,352
JUEGOS OLIMPICOS-Telemundo 48,749
Monday's Cable Top 5
LOVE & HIP HOP ATLANTA-VH1 1.8/3.2
SINGLE LADIES-VH1 1.3/2.4
LIZARD LICK TOWING-Tru 1.1/2.3
LOVE & HIP HOP ATLANTA-VH1 1.0/1.8
Monday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
LOVE & HIP HOP ATLANTA-VH1 512,909
THE BAD GIRLS CLUB-Oxygen 350,293
SUMMER OLYMPICS-NBC Sports 327,017
SUMMER OLYMPICS-Bravo 280,817
TEEN WOLF-MTV 273,973
I was REALLY annoyed that early Tuesday afternoon, CNN flashed an alert on my phone that the women had won the gold for gymnastics and Michael Phelps had won a gold also, so rather than rush home to watch full coverage, I met some friends for dinner and got home around 10pm which was just in time to see what I already knew.
Some Olympic commentary:
- Ryan Seacrest is now officially EVERYWHERE...why does it annoy me so much?
- What brand of headphones is Michael Phelps wearing these days...they don't look like Beats or Skull Candy...they are certainly big and shiny
- Phelps is now the most decorated Olympian of all time...impressive stuff, but even he says he's had enough and this will be his last Olympics.
- Isn't amazing when you think about it...these athletes train for so many hours a day, so many days a week, so many weeks a year, so many years to spend the LEAST amount of time possible at these sports...I mean Michael Phelps entire event was under 2 minutes, but I bet he spent thousands of hours training for it.
- Does Phil Phillips freak out every time he hears his song during the Olympics? I feel like there is a weird Ryan Seacrest/AMERICAN IDOL kickback involved or something
- The white chalk all over the gymnasts bodies, costumes, hands, feet and you know where...VERY distracting
- Ali Raisman on balance beam...pretty awesome stuff but even better, her parents watching her compete, check it out: http://blog.tivo.com/2012/07/stick-it-tivo-olympic-top-moment-goes-viral/
- I was a bit confused seeing Jordyn Weiber competing last night, after what happened on Monday night, but then I realized she didn't qualify for the women's individual all-around but she still was able to compete for the women's team in which the newly anointed (by NBC sports people) "Fab Five" took the gold last night...first time since 1996.
-Some Digital Olympic facts:
- In the first two days of competition, NBCOlympics.com averaged 87 million page views (+29% compared to the Beijing Olympics)
- 7 million live video streams every day (+370% versus Beijing).
- NBC Olympics Live Extra and NBC Olympics apps have surpassed 4 million downloads.
-That show "3" on CBS...cancelled after just 2 episodes.
-A while back I mentioned a REALLY cool show on Hulu called THE BOOTH AT THE END. No idea if any of you took my advice and checked it out, if you haven't you really should, and now, word is that new episodes are coming our way...basically the show centers around this guy who you think is the devil. He sits inside a diner...at the "booth at the end" and people who need help come to him with their problems. He offers help but they usually have to do something tough on their end to get it..."the deal with the devil" type of thing. So worth your time and a concept we have never really seen before. If you're caught up on BREAKING BAD, this one should be another one on your list.
-As I was prepping to write the blog last night, I stumbled on some very, very troubling news, well at least to me it was troubling...Vince Vaughn wants to bring back a version of THE BRADY BUNCH. Are you F'ing kidding me Vince? REALLY? Okay sure the current DALLAS revamp is working...I get that, but THE BRADY BUNCH is sacred ground for me and for most people like me who grew up with Greg (aka Johnny Bravo), Marcia, Marcia, Marcia, George Glasses' girl Jan, Peter "When it's time to Change" Brady, Kitty Carryall's BFF, Cindy and first rate hall monitor, Bobby Brady... so a revamped BRADY BUNCH is just unfathomable. The premise is that Bobby Brady is now 50 years old and divorced. He has kids from his first marriage, a kid with his new wife and of course she has kids from her previous marriage. Could it work? Maybe, but let's face it...the stars aligned once and gave us Carol and Mike and Alice and a trip to the Grand Canyon, chances are, it will never feel that way again. Good luck Vince Vaughn. -Some good news from WE TV, BRAXTON FAMILY VALUES was renewed for a third season and in September we will get to see VINCE & TAMAR's spin off. Also on the slate, another season of one of my favorites...JOAN & MELISSA
Wednesday's Trivia Question: What does M*A*S*H* stand for?
Send your Trivia Answer to Kristy at Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Kristy Carruba is currently Media Manager for Verizon Wireless Consumer Products where she oversees the investment and inventory management for all National media. Kristy has always had a passion for TV and started writing “TV News of the Day” in January of 2011 which evolved into Watching Way Too Much six months later. Kristy can be reached Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Read all Kristy's MediaBizBloggers commentaries at Watching Way Too Much.
Check us out on Facebook at MediaBizBloggers.com
Follow our Twitter updates @MediaBizBlogger
The opinions and points of view expressed in this commentary are exclusively the views of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of MediaBizBloggers.com management or associated bloggers. MediaBizBloggers is an open thought leadership platform and readers may share their comments and opinions in response to all commentaries.
To communicate with or to be contacted by the executives and/or companies mentioned in this column, link to JackMyers Connection Hotline.